Maddie's Keyboard Pounder
Does your 14 month old child want to type on the computer too? My daughter sure does, so I wrote
this little application that creates a simple, safe and kid-friendly environment for keyboard pounding.
(Meaning, your baby's not going to easily switch out and reconfigure anything on your system.)
Download: Maddie is zipped up here: Maddie.zip (About 46 KB).
Requirements: Windows 2000/NT/XP (95/98/Me as yet untested. Let me know if it works.)
Instructions: Unzip, and drop the three files in the same directory. When you're ready to pound, run Maddie.exe.
- Version 1.1
- More keys give feedback.
- Minor bugfix: Correctly releases device context.
- Minor bugfix: Pounding Alt+F4 won't accidentally close the window.
- Version 1.0
- User configurable "quit" codeword. (Read MaddieMap.txt)
- Sounds and faux-windows can be enabled or disabled.
- User configurable display words.
- Disables the Windows key while running. (Babies love that key...)
- Tiny, and doesn't change any registry settings.
Source Code: Source code (GNU GPL) is here: MaddieSources.zip (About 30 KB).